Solano Family & Children's Services provides a wide variety of FREE or low-cost training and professional development opportunities for child care providers.
Topics are offered in several essential areas:
- Health & Safety
- Child Observation and Developmental Screenings
- Trauma Informed Care
- Inclusion/Caring for Children with Special Needs
- Activity/Curriculum Planning
- Business of Family Child Care
Access our Training Calendar below
to register for topics of your choice.
Technical Assistance (TA) and Coaching
We are here to support you through your journey to
owning & operating your own family child care business.
We can provide TA and Coaching in many ways to
help you provide high quality care and education in
your child care setting.
Some TA topics may include:
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Improving Communication with Families
- Creating an Environment for Optimal Learning
- Questions regarding Health & Safety
- Laws Regarding City/State Ordinances, etc.
TA and Coaching are provided over the phone, in person or through a virtual platform.
CALL US AT 707-863-3950 EXT. 752 FOR TRAINING,
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE, OR COACHING NEEDS
Trauma Informed Care (TIC)
Training and Support
The Emergency Child Care Bridge Program offers TIC training and support in hopes to increase the number of foster children successfully placed in home-based family care settings and increase capacity of child care programs to meet the needs of foster children who may have experienced trauma.
Trained child care providers can provide a safe environment for children with trauma by offering consistency, predictability and clear boundaries.
Trauma Informed Care (TIC) Training: All providers are encouraged to attend TIC trainings which may include infant & toddler development, trauma-informed best practices, enhancing caregivers resiliency, power of redirection, etc.
Trauma-Informed Care Support: In addition to training, we can answer your questions and provide support in learning additional strategies for applying the TIC training in the child care setting.
CALL OUR BRIDGE FAMILY NAVIGATOR & TIC TRAINER
AT 707-864-4656 FOR TIC SUPPORT
Preventative Health & Safety
SFCS offers the 8-hour Emergency Medical Services Authority (EMSA) Approved course that is required by California Child Care Licensing to become a licensed family child care provider.
This course includes:
- Lead Poisoning Prevention
- Recognition, management & prevention of infectious disease
- Sanitary Food Handling
- Child Nutrition
- Identification and reporting of signs and symptoms of child abuse
- Prevention of childhood injuries
- Emergency preparedness & evacuation
- Caring for children with special needs
Our Preventive Health Practices training is the program developed by the California Child Care Health Program with support through the California Department of Social Services.